Promote Your Film
How can the Queer Lounge promote my film?
Your film MUST be an Official Selection of Sundance, Slamdance or one of the concurrent film festivals in Park City, screening generally from January 17-27, 2008 and 1) have substantial queer-content which is defined as major queer plotline/subject matter, subplot, character(s) or sensibility or 2) your film is directed by a queer-filmmaker. Then Queer Lounge can help you publicize your film for FREE.
- Place the screening time(s) and venues of your film in our Queer Lounge program, several thousand copies of which will be distributed potential audience members and film professionals such as distributors, agents, financiers, crew members.
- Place the screening times(s) and venue(s) of your film on our website
- Place postcards and one-sheets of your film at our events
Consider the Queer Lounge a great way to promote your film, especially if you are an independent filmmaker or producer who may not have the means to hire a publicist for your film. You've already gone through the gruel of making your film. Rest easier that Queer Lounge patrons are taking note of your film.
Guidelines for promoting your film a Queer Lounge
If your film is an official selection of one of the Park City film festivals and has queer-content or is of queer-interest, as defined above, please contact our programmer firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following information. Due to printing deadlines, please submit all information prior to December 28, 2007.
- Your name, Film Title, Film Festival selected and program, Role/Crew position on film, Contact information in Park City
- Director name and contact info. Producer name and contact info.
- Up to 3 names of actors starring in the film
- Film format and running time
- A 30 to 40 word synopsis. If there is queer-content, please try to include some description.
- If your short has no queer-content, can Queer Lounge identify you as an LGBT filmmaker? Yes or No?
- A list of showtimes with venues
- What section of Festival is your film programmed in? ie. Dramatic Competition, International Documentary, etc.
- If your film is a short, please specify the program title.
- Attach a maximum of 2 high-resolution images (300 dpi or better)
This material will aid us in editing our Program Guide.
If you send any items, you represent that you or the director own the copyright to the materials and acknowledge that Queer Lounge has the right to edit, publish and display these materials. Queer Lounge also reserves the right to use/not use any information provided. PLEASE NOTE: Queer Lounge is not responsible for lost materials.
Posters & Postcards
If your film is an official selection of one of the Park City film festivals, Queer Lounge will gladly accept your one-sheets, posters and postcards of your film. Please bring your items into the Queer Lounge, located at 608 Main Street. We'll place these items in the Lounge.
What if my film didn't get into a festival?
Queer Lounge can still assist you. Although we cannot place your information and materials in the Lounge, please feel free to attend our public events (see panel schedule) and network with other industry professionals.
Are you a GLAAD member and have a film in a Park City film festival?
If you are a GLAAD member and have a film screening at Sundance, Slamdance or one of the concurrent film festivals in Park City in 2008, GLAAD will help you spread the news. Whether you were a producer, director, screenwriter, actor or worked on the film in any other capacity, tells us about it here: email@example.com