Queer Lounging verb (kwîr lounjng) 1) to connect through common cause; 2) to move coolly and relax into a homey environment
How to... Lounge
Queer Lounge Park City happening during the Sundance and Slamdance film festivals from January 18-24, 2008 will be located at 608 Main Street with daytime hospitality hours and professional mixers. We provide the following signature programs:
- Informative panel discussions with queer and queer-friendly filmmakers and other film professionals.
- Guests will include filmmakers, talent and crew of queer-interest Festival films. Topics will range from discussions about specific Festival films to issues important to the LGBT community and filmmaking.
- The Official Queer Lounge Film Guide
- A must-have guide with at-a-glance listings of Festival films of queer-interest distributed to the public
- Includes sponsors and Queer Lounge programs and panels
- A comfortable setting
- A multiple-day, hip lounge atmosphere
- Staff familiar with the festival and the host town.
- Lounge services
- A bank of computers plus a wireless network allow guests to stay connected
- Viewing stations allow film professionals to share clips of their movies
- Community board for patrons to exchange film information and distribute extra tickets
- Press and Marketing services
- Central location for press conferences
- Press locale for celebrity and filmmaker interviews
- Computer bank and wireless network for press to file timely articles.
- Key location for the dissemination of flyers, posters and displays for festival films
- Mixers and VIP Parties
- Cocktail mixers (open to festival attendees 21 years of age and older).
- Sponsored VIP events (Guest Lists, Red Carpet, VIP Room, Catering, Press Line set-up available)
- Top-name musical and comedy acts
One fantastic development at this year's festivities was the introduction of the Queer Lounge... let's face it; this was the most consistently worthwhile place to make a (nearly) daily appearance.—Green Cine Daily